KQ Fitness is a supplier of fitness equipment, accessories, nutritional supplements and training materials.
We also provide Various training services from Team Training, Fitness Testing, Customised Gym Programs and Online Coaching for Athletes
Kevin Quinlan (Owner and Coach)
Kevin is a Sports and Exercise Scientist who founded KQ Fitness in January 2019. He qualified from the University of Limerick in 2014. Throughout his time in UL and working in the University arena he was afforded the opportunity to train with and learn from some of the very best coaches around, from here he decided to specialize in Strength and Conditioning.
Kevin is a sports enthusiast who has played various sports to a high level. He proudly represented Tipperary in minor, u21 and senior football, he captained the u21 side while also lining out for Tipperary u21 in hurling. He played for his local G.A.A. club Kilruane Macdonaghs at every level and also plays for his local soccer team Cloughjordan FC. Unfortunately he could only play rugby at underage level as something had to give way at some stage. Kevin uses his experience playing various sports at different levels and the knowledge he has gained about the demands of each sport to try get the most out of his athletes.
He has worked with many sports teams at different levels, these include
- Limerick Minor and development squads 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
- Pallas Green Intermediate Hurling and Football 2013
- Cloughjordan FC 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Connacht sub academy 2015, 2019
- Ballinahinch Intermediate Hurling 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Kilruane Senior Hurling 2017
With this experience and the endeavor to keep up to date with current practices in strength and conditioning he can aid clients and customers in reaching their fitness and performance goals no matter how big or small.
- Bsc. Sports and Exercise Science (Hons) 2014
- ITEC Diploma in Sports Massage. Optimal Functional Performance (2010)
- IAWLA Weightlifting Level 1. Weightlifting Ireland (2013)